Whether you are searching for a job or hoping to advance in your current position, set goals. To increase your success, make sure your goals are:
· Specific – What exactly do you want to achieve? Be as precise as possible when stating your goal.
· Measurable – How will you know when you have reached your goal?
· Achievable – Is it possible for you to reach this goal? Your goal must be attainable, or you will set yourself up for failure.
· Realistic – Can you reasonably achieve your goal? Assess your skills, abilities, and circumstances. Be honest with yourself.
· Timely – What is the specific date by which you hope to attain your goal? Set a time limit.
Once you establish your goals, keep in mind they are not set in stone. Goals should be reviewed and tweaked as needed. Sometimes we outgrow the goal and need to set a new one.
What goals are you setting for yourself?