- Give a good day’s work every day
- Anticipate your supervisor’s needs and pitch in to help
- Follow the company policies and procedures
- Don’t waste company time on the phone and Internet
- Keep personal business out of the office
- Produce error-free work
- Manage your stress
- Learn something new each week that will help you grow professionally
- Keep up on the latest industry information
- Develop a sense of humor
- Be kind
Friday, February 13, 2009
Continuing in last week’s vein, here are some more tips for keeping that job:
Friday, February 6, 2009
As February moves in and the job market is eroding, here are some ways to make yourself more valuable in your current job.
- Do more than is required; volunteer to take on extra responsibilities.
- Be flexible.
- Update your skills and/or certifications.
- Offer to assist your supervisor and/or coworkers.
- Show up for work every day and be punctual.
- Avoid gossip and the rumor mill.
- Get along with everyone
- Be quality conscious.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Look for ways to cut costs and balance budgets.
- Contribute in meetings.
- Take personal responsibility for your behavior and decisions.