Friday, December 23, 2011
Friday, December 16, 2011
Take time to enjoy the holiday season.
- Listen to your favorite Christmas carols and holiday music.
- Enjoy the festive decorations.
- Bake cookies and fudge.
- Instead of thinking about all you have to do, sit back and relax for a few minutes.
- Visit shut-ins and the elderly.
- Dress in your holiday attire and accept those party and dinner invitations.
- Spread cheer wherever you go.
- Adopt an animal from a shelter.
- Attend to your spiritual side.
Balancing work, play, spirituality, and health is the best way to enjoy the holidays and every day.
Tis the season. Slow down and enjoy it.
Monday, December 5, 2011
As we begin the ending month of the year, it is a time to reflect on how our careers have progressed throughout the year. Your boss and your company will hold you accountable for your workplace behavior and accomplishments. Go one better and hold yourself accountable. Ask yourself if you have:
- Performed your tasks to the best of your ability, completing them in a timely manner
- Maintained a positive attitude daily
- Adhered to a strict code of personal behavior
- Kept skills up to date and learn new ones as required
- Became an expert in your field
- Used good judgment
- Spoke kindly and tactfully
Taking responsibility for your actions and words will preserve your value to the boss and company.