Here are a few motivational tips to help:
- Determine specifically what you want. What type of job? In what industry? In what location? Doing what tasks? Set a goal rather than say, "I'll take anything."
- Visualize being in that job. See yourself going to work, sitting at your workspace, doing your tasks.
- Get yourself ready for employment. Update your skills if necessary. Everyone must know how to use a computer these days. If you do not, take an inexpensive or free class at a reputable school or agency.
- Prepare a modern resume. Get help if necessary.
- Practice interviewing with a friend, all the while visualizing that you are interviewing with the company of your dreams.
- Get up everyday and do something to move yourself closer to getting a job. Inertia causes boredom and depression.
- Find a mentor to help in your job search.
- If you still have a hard time motivating yourself, find a cheerleader who will cheer you on and keep you motivated.
Take action every day even if it is a small step. It is by taking those daily steps that you can reach your goal of getting a job.