Using the example goal of joining Toastmasters in order to improve communication skills, here is an example action plan:
- Within the next two days, check local listings or search online to find the nearest Toastmasters' group.
- Contact the group by the end of the week and express an interest in joining.
- Attend the next available Toastmasters’ meeting.
- Network with at least two group members at the first meeting.
- Learn speaking tips and techniques from members.
- Become an active participant in the group and continue networking with members.
- Implement changes in presentations according to information obtained at meetings and from constructive criticism following personal speeches.
Develop a similar action plan for each goal you want to achieve and follow through by completing the action plan steps.