To advance in your career, demonstrate your value to your employer and those around you. Be highly visible and take charge of situations when warranted. Continuously challenge yourself and members of your team. Act like management material by following these guidelines:
- Take advantage of every available opportunity to learn and grow.
- Establish behaviors that stand out positively in the minds of supervisors.
- Develop excellent critical thinking skills.
- Be a self-directed worker who performs duties with proficiency.
- Act professional at all times and display integrity and ethical behavior.
- Take on extra responsibilities and help others.
- Become an expert in your field.
- Participate in lifelong learning to keep your expertise up to date.