- Locate things you use most often in a convenient place
- Use bins, baskets, folders, etc., to get organized
- Put things back every time you use them
- Consider your work habits and make your environment work for you
- Have a specific place for incoming and outgoing mail. File all correspondence and your manuscript in one folder (or storage box)
- Only file useful papers
- Use temporary storage like portable file boxes for work in progress
Getting organized will save you time and cut down on stress.