Thursday, August 28, 2008
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
During R & R leave the office responsibilities behind and focus on personal needs. Feed your mind with an exciting book, challenging crossword puzzle, or stimulating CD. Play games, walk, job, or “vege” out for awhile.
R & R is also a good time to re-evaluate and re-set the course if need be. Most of all, take the time to take some time.
Thursday, August 14, 2008
As children and adults head back to school, it may be a good time for all of us to evaluate our skills and knowledge. Ask yourself the following:
- What can I do to improve my skills?
- Is there new technology I can learn that will help me on my job?
- How can I learn more about the developments in my field?
- Will gaining more knowledge in my field or an additional skill help me receive a promotion?
- Where can I take a class or seminar to improve my skills?
- Will getting a degree or certification help me in my field?
In this age of technology and information, everyone can benefit from additional learning. It is a fact—learning is lifelong.
Friday, August 8, 2008
Now is the time to take a look at your harvest and separate the good from the bad. Keep what is working and amend or get rid of what isn’t with an eye always on that future goal/dream.
Friday, August 1, 2008
- Are the summer maintenance projects completed?
- Did we “spruce up” the house and yard?
- Did we get to all the fun places we wanted to explore--the zoo, an amusement park, hiking trails, swimming pools--and do all the things we intended?
- Have we made memories that will last through winter and another year? If not, there is still time to do that and more.
Don’t let the great weather slip by without taking advantage of the splendor it has to offer.
It is also a good time to review those goals we have set and make sure we are on track for the rest of the year.