People searching for employment must keep themselves motivated throughout the job search. It's sometimes hard to get or remain motivated in the face of rejections.
Here are a few motivational tips to help:
- Determine what you want. What type of job? What industry? What location? What tasks? Be specific rather than saying, "I'll take anything."
- Visualize being in your dream job. See yourself going to work, sitting at your work space, performing tasks you love.
- Prepare yourself for employment. Update your skills if necessary. Take an inexpensive or free class at a reputable school or agency if necessary.
- Prepare a modern resume. Get help if necessary.
- Practice interviewing with a friend, all the while visualizing that you are interviewing with the company of your dreams.
- Get up everyday and do something to move yourself closer to getting a job. Inertia causes boredom and depression.
- Find a mentor to help in your job search.
- If you still have a hard time motivating yourself, find a cheerleader who will cheer you on and keep you motivated.
What action will you take today?