Friday, October 3, 2008

It's Fall, Ya'll

Fall is a great time to view the changing leaves, go to football games, and take a hike. It’s a time for harvesting to nourish both our bodies and our souls. Take advantage of the fall produce and cooler weather to prepare favorite oven meals and roast hotdogs and marshmallows over outdoor bonfires.

  • With the holidays approaching, start now to make gift and to-do lists. Put your attention on the important blessings in life to avoid being stressed-out and overburdened.
  • Take important “me time” to mediate and relax.
  • Do the things that nurture you and your loved ones, and let go of the frivolous, unimportant things that tend to devour time.

This fall start a gratitude journal if you do not already have one. If you do have a gratitude journal, write at least three things in it everyday. Being grateful has a way of feeding one’s soul.

1 comment:

Kris said...

I have a gratitude list I cut from a magazine years ago that hangs over my washing machine. It lists things like "I'm thankful for clothes that fit a little too tight because it means I have enough to eat." or "I'm thankful for piles of laundry because it means my loved ones are nearby."

It's a nice reminder.