Friday, July 22, 2011

Are You Meeting Your Yearly Goals?

With the year more than half over, it's a good time to revisit the career goals or plans you made at the beginning of the year. You still have several months to complete goals, to change them, or to set new ones. Look at each goal you have set and ask yourself these questions:


  • Is the goal still relevant today?

  • Have I taken steps toward completing the goal?

  • Have I reached the goal?

  • If I have not reached the goal, am I likely to reach it within the timeframe I have set?

  • Is there anything more I can do to reach my goal?
If your goal is still relevant, keep taking steps toward it or revise the steps that did not work. If the goal is no longer relevant, toss it. Could you or should you set new goals? If so, ask yourself these questions:


  • What new career goal should I set?

  • What are the steps I should take to reach this goal?

  • What is the timeframe for this goal?

  • What rewards will I gain by reaching this goal?
When you decide on new goals or make changes to established goals, write them down. Be specific and realistic. Set a deadline and have a way to measure whether you have reached the goal.

No comments: