A personal mission statement serves as a guide to keep your life on track. A personal mission statement provides an opportunity for you to align your goals with your core beliefs and values and focus on what you want to accomplish. The best mission statements are a brief three or four sentences long.
Develop a personal mission statement through self-assessment and planning. Answer the following questions to determine your core beliefs, values, and goals:
· Who do you want to become?
· What do you wish to accomplish in life and why? (Consider all areas of your life such as family, work, spirituality, community, hobbies, etc.).
· What have you accomplished so far? Consider all areas of your life.
· What do you stand for; what values are important to you?
· What character traits do you consider important?
· What do you treasure most in life?
· How do you want to be remembered?
· How can you make your life and the lives of others better?
· What actions can you take that will have the most positive affect on your life?
Example personal mission statement: To live each day to the fullest and appreciate and enjoy the blessings I have been given. To use my talents and skills to better my life and that of my family. To treat others with respect. To never stop learning.
What will your personal mission statement say about you?