- Take advantage of every available opportunity to learn and grow.
- Establish behaviors that stand out positively in the minds of supervisors.
- Develop excellent critical thinking skills.
- Be a self-directed worker who performs duties with proficiency.
- Act professional at all times and display integrity and ethical behavior.
- Take on extra responsibilities and help others.
- Become an expert in your field.
- Participate in lifelong learning to keep your expertise up to date.
Saturday, April 28, 2012
Wednesday, April 18, 2012
- Prioritize. No one has time to do everything, so it is necessary to arrange a to-do list according to one’s priorities.
- Work on one task at a time until it is finished if possible. Switching from one task to another causes a lull in productivity. The mind has to re-familiarize itself with each task when switching.
- Eliminate distractions. This includes internal and external distractions.
- Work efficiently. Is there a better way to do a task than the way it has always been done? Can you prepare in any way before beginning the task?
- Make decisions quickly. Explore all options and commit to a plausible action to resolve the problem.
- Develop your skills and keep up with technology that will help you complete tasks.
- Just do what needs to be done.
Taking the initiative, working efficiently, and doing everything necessary to meet deadlines will pay off in a big way.
Saturday, April 7, 2012
Take time this Easter to enjoy family and friends and to renew yourself spiritually. Living a balanced personal and professional life is crucial to your successful well-being. Too much attention to your professional life to the exclusion of your personal life will cause you to miss out on important "self" time. Too much attention to your personal life and not enough on your professional life will cause career stagnation. Develop a routine that personally fits your life plans and make corrections when it is out of balance.Take steps to maintain a healthy physical and mental balance.
- Practice good time and stress management.
- Get and stay organized.
- Maintain a positive attitude.
When you think of balance, consider all areas of your life, including work, family, friends, health, finance, spiritual, hobbies, and everything else that fits into your life. Balance in all areas of life is a key to contentment