Thursday, February 4, 2010

Take Action and Reach Your Goals

Here are two more ideas to get you to take action on your goals:
  • Utilize Your To-do List. Copy one of the steps from your action plan to your daily to-do list. For example, is there one thing you can do today to bring yourself closer to your goal(s)? Write it down on your to-do list. Then, make it a priority for the day. Take the step—move closer to your goal. Each day, add a new step to your to-do list that will move you toward your goal. Without taking some kind of consistent action, reaching your goal will be difficult. Many people write down their goals and create an action plan, but they fail to take action on them.
  • Use Affirmations. Another way to increase the likelihood that you will take action is to repeat positive affirmations to yourself regarding your goal. For instance, if your goal is to garner a promotion, you might use these affirmations: I am learning and growing in my career. I am becoming more skilled in my area of expertise. I am making strides toward a management-level job. I am finding an appropriate mentor to help me reach my management goals. I am emulating people in management that I hope to join in a position someday.

Put goal steps on your to-do list and find personal affirmations that will work for you.

No comments: